Thursday, April 8, 2010

Guess who...

Guess who turned 21 yesterday?! That's right it was me!!!

I celebrated by going to two classes, some craft shopping, and hanging out with my roomies! I got flowers, that cute cupcake, a case of Ibc root beer, and a beer mug from friends! From family I got money, a waffle maker, books, and a cute insect blanket for my classroom. And many wonderful birthday wishes!

Here is my beer mug with some Crush soda! Love it!

What I have been up to....
  • Homework- Lots and lots of it
  • Spending many hours in the library
  • Hanging out with friends over spring break- went shopping, bowling with the brothers, and saw both Alice in Wonderland in 3D and Remember Me
  • Visiting family over Easter, my family came up this year. It was great!
  • Watch conference, loved it!
  • More homework
  • I am in charge of my education partnership's graduation present to our directors and past professors, so I have been busy getting everything in order for that

I am really excited for this weekend... Here is a movie quote clue for where I am going: -Where is the one place a man can step up and be a man? -Community College?! -NO! VEGAS!!!! From What Happens in Vegas (P.S. One of my favorites) Yep, I am going to Vegas! It is going to be a blast!

Currently I am teaching in a special ed preschool classroom, and ABSOLUTELY loving it! I have a morning and afternoon sessions with a total of 18 students are three and four years old! I enjoy reading stories with them, playing on the playground, and doing tons of crafts.

I recently got my student teaching placement. I will be teaching at Falcon Hill Elementary in a first grade class for eight weeks and an intermediate autism class for eight weeks. I am excited! I will also be teaching one more 8 week period in the spring. I will be walking this May 7, which is absolutely crazy to me!

This is for Arianna, here is a link for a lesson I co-taught in a technology class. We made videos on founding fathers. I am in the the George Washington video. Enjoy they are hilarious!!

So that is my life currently, I am busy busy but enjoying it all!

3 comments:

Wendi said...

happy happy birthday sweet girl. I am so glad to hear about what is going on in your life. It sounds to me like you a accomplishing so much. I am so proud of you. Continue to stay happy it's the only way to celebrate life. Love you tons Mrs. Adult!!!

Amy said...

Happy 21st Birthday!!!
Wow, Graduating in May, that is SO Great! Congrats!!
Glad you are having fun and learning lots.
Best Wishes for Your Birthday!

Roxanne & Jared Harris said...

ASHLEY! I miss you!!! :)
I left you an award on my blog....go to my blog for the details =)