Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Library



I am in the library right now and it is at HOT as Hades in here at the moment. I am dying. In my jeans and long sleeve shirt!

I have already spent SO many hours in the library this semester! And I am not even studying yet for midterms. It seems like I never get a break from all the homework! I have 18 credits this semester! One credit alone is 16 hours of teaching a week in a 3rd grade class! I really love it though, my teacher is so awesome and my kids are cute. But those hours don't include any lesson preparation (which adds a few more). I have to got to do tons of fun things in the class I am currently in. I taught a baller lesson the other day on sound waves. My students absolutely loved it and were engaged for the whole 40 min lesson (very rare)!

Time is flying by though. I can't believe that it is already the 6th week of school for me. This is why I no longer have to time blog. I promise to catch up real soon.

There is still a lot of snow on the ground still. I am a little sick of it to be honest. But the weather is starting to get warmer, which I love. My life has been good lately but definitely hard at times.

Well I have more homework to do so I must get going!

P.S. The picture above is how I look most days. I am either watching a movie for my Latin film class or listening to classical music to sound out all the noisy college students! Fun huh?!

3 comments:

curtis and jacque dana said...

You're so good ASHLEY! I can't believe 18 credit hours?!!! It's so funny how you commented on telling someone the story of wal mart, I totally thought about it the other day!(: Hang in there and good luck. Those kids are lucky to have a teacher like you!

Wendi said...

What a good girl. I tell you, I am so impressed by your girls getting your education. If I could only go back in time.....Good luck on all of that and try every so often to enjoy the journey:)

elizabeth lawlor said...

LOOK AT YOU! you are looking so good! so cool that you are almost done!:) completely jealous!